The first week of February is almost over. Time flies by and before we know it, it’ll be Valentine’s Day. For those who are looking for gift inspirations that are budget friendly or more creative than just a card you picked up from Hallmark, I’m here to share my latest project! Now this isn’t ONLY something you give to your significant other or lover, it could also be gifted to a best friend or for kids valentine’s day exchange. It’s always fun to have a little interactivity with cards, especially from the receiving end! I made the phrasing a little bit more fun and quirky, from a bunch of our favorite shows and movies like Harry Potter, The Big Bang Theory and Parks and Rec. Here’s the best part – I’ve attached blank downloadable versions at the end of this post for you to make your own!
The theme of these DIY scratch off Valentine’s Day card are “I Love you like…”.
Some of the sayings include:
I Love you like…
– Leslie Knope Loves Waffles (Parks and Rec)
– Khaleesi Loves her dragons (Game of Thrones)
– Sheldon Loves his spot (The Big Bang Theory)
– Snape Loves Lily (Harry Potter)
– Marshmallow Loves LilyPad (HIMYM)
– Dobby Loves his socks (Harry Potter)
– Zombies Loves Brains (The Walking Dead)
– Walter White loves Chemistry (Breaking Bad)
- This downloadable template (see end of blog)
- A silver ring (You can buy these at Office Max)
- Contact Paper (sold at Walmart or Target)
- Dish Soap (have around the house)
- Hole puncher
- Paint color of your choice (I used metallic gold acrylic – sold at Michaels)
- Paint brush
Time it took me to DIY: less than 30 minutes.
Not only is this easy to put together, it’s super fun and creative! I followed the DIY Scratch Off tutorial (or for the visual learners, here’s a video) to make the scratch off boxes. So what are you waiting for? Go customize your own set! There’s plenty of other DIY Scratch off tutorials out there as well, so if you feel there’s a better tutorial out there, please do share in the comments! **Side note- please be patient as these are higher quality files- so it might take a second or two to load.
^^Download the SimplistiCreations_ScratchOffCards_boxes here.
^^Download the SimplistiCreations_ScratchOffCards_blank here.
Thanks for stopping by and until next time,